Friday, October 12, 2012

My Journey

I have decided to change the focus of this blog from Our Journey to My Journey.  As I have learned through my own recovery and self discovery as the wife of an alcoholic/addict that I have no control over the choices my husband makes.  I do have control over myself and my reaction to them.  This of course is easier said than done.  After being in therapy for over 5 years I am still very much working on myself and as it is for everyone we never arrive we can always learn more and reach higher. 

I am hoping to be as honest as I can about what life is like and the chaos that often comes from living with my husband.  Of course being a wife and mother are connected so I will share what life is like for not just me but our family.  But this is life according to me and from my perspective and is not necessarily how anyone else views it.

I hope to reach out to other families that are struggling with family memebers of addicts/alcoholics.  I am always open to reactions to what I write and would love to hear the experiences of others who are have been or are going through the similar circumstances. 

The one thing I know for sure is that isolation is not the answer to living with this problem that we often tend to keep a secret because it is too painful and embarassing.

Because I am a stay at home mom and find it difficult to go to al-anon and naranon meetings I have joined an online group.  I would recommend it to anyone that has trouble getting to meetings or lives in an area where meetings arent available.  www.naranongrouponline.com

So this is my continued effort to take myself out of my self imposed isolation and join the rest of the world.  I look forward to sharing My Journey with you all and hopefully getting to know some new people in the process and reconnecting with old friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment