Thursday, September 20, 2012

Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day

As we were preparing to take Joe to the bus station for what might be the last time we see him for a while the day took an unforseen turn.  As it turns out it looks like the case is going to be continued again.  Emotions were already running high and this really blindsided me.  I was emotionally prepared yesterday for the task that I was facing.  I was actually really looking forward to at least everything being overwith so we could move on with our lives.  So when this happened I behaved very selfishly.

I actually put most of my 3 year olds tantrums to shame.  I made an already bad day much worse.  And what was just as bad is that I really felt justified.  It wasnt until this morning when I was reading day 3 of The Love Dare that I was even convicted of my behavior.  While it was completely understandible that I would be upset I didnt even take into consideration how all this was affecting my children and husband.  I was a poor example of how to handle a stressful situation. 

But thankfully God has forgiven me and I can forgive myself.  I can appoligize to my family, accept responsibilty and hopefully learn from this situation so that it wont be repeated again.  So hopefully today will be a better day and we will be prepared for whatever the day brings.  I will hopefully be slow to anger, slow to speak and quick to listen. 

We did drop Joe off at the bus station to go to Bangor for his court hearing and made it back home in time to go to the beach for a few minutes.  It was sunset and God showed up and gave us the most amazing sunset I have ever seen.  We also got to share it with the little boy across the street who David wrote a story about the other day calling him the brother he doesnt have. God has already blessed us to much by putting us here. 

I will leave you today with some lyrics from a song I have been listening to alot that has really helped me to keep things in perspective.  I hope it will be as much of a blessing to you as it has been to me.

I wont pretend to know what your thinking and I cant begin to know what your going through and
I wont deny the pain that your feeling.
But I'm going to try and give a little hope to you.
Just remember what I told you there's so much your living for.
There's a light at the end of this tunnel for you.
There's a light at the end of this tunnel shining bright at the end of this tunnel for you.
So keep holding on.

Tunnel
~ Third Day

1 comment:

  1. "...and God showed up." I love that. There is always more grace.
    Praying for you often. <3

    ReplyDelete